The ETER Handbook is the key information resource for national institutions uploading annual statistical data to ETER. It provides a detailed description of the methodology and process of the data collection in ETER, covering the following main items:
- The basic conceptual principles for ETER data collection (chapter 2).
- The ETER data sources and data collection process (chapter 3).
- The definition of the perimeter of Higher Education Institutions to be included (chapter 4).
- The list of classifications to be used for different types of data, including students, graduates and personnel (chapter 5).
- The definitions of the variables to be collected (chapter 6).
- The definition and procedures for calculating indicators in ETER (chapter 7).
- The procedures for data validation, quality control and production of metadata (chapter8).
- The description of the ETER technical infrastructure (chapter 9).